Nobody likes to admit it, but summer is well and truly over and the dark evenings are drawing in. The increased hours of darkness make it even more important to protect your home from intruders. Here are five simple tips to help protect your home during the shorter days.
- Use strategic lighting to make your house look inhabited even when you're out.
- Install security lighting outside your home so that visitors are illuminated when they approach. Often this is enough of a deterrent to stop intruders attempting to enter the property and will also alert you to their presence should they try to do so.
- Make sure your doors and windows are locked at all times, but particularly at night. Keep house and car keys out of sight.
- Invest in a decent burglar alarm as a further deterrent to intruders. Just seeing that you have a working burglar alarm should be enough to put them off, but if they do try to break in, you, your neighbours and perhaps even the local authorities will be alerted, making it much more difficult for them to escape with your possessions. Burglars are very unlikely to hang around for long once your burglar alarm is activated.
- Adding a CCTV system will really put intruders off. They will be much less likely to attempt a break-in if they know that their actions will be recorded. As well as acting as an excellent deterrent, the images captured can be used to prosecute burglars should they access your property, making it much more likely that they will be prosecuted and taken off the streets, and that your property will be returned.
How BWS Security Systems can help
At BWS we are experienced in providing security systems that will deter intruders and help to ensure they are apprehended should a break-in occur. Our state-of-the-art burglar alarms light up at night to make them highly visible to intruders, which will, more often than not, stop them even attempting to get inside.
Furthermore, our CCTV systems provide HD-quality images. Experienced burglars are likely to take one look and give up before they get started when they see you have a CCTV system installed. If a burglary does take place, the images will be of such a high quality it will be difficult for the culprits to evade justice, particularly if they are already known to the police. Often homeowners are able to secure a conviction using CCTV images and in the best cases they are able to recover their goods.
If you would like to know more about our burglar alarms, CCTV options, and security systems for Swindon homes and businesses, as well as those throughout the south west, contact BWS Security Systems today on 01225 800 602.