Wherever you live in the country, it pays to make your home as secure as possible.
Burglaries often come in sprees. So even if you live in a postal district where there are hardly any break-ins, there is no guarantee that will not change over time.
Great ways to reduce the chances of your home being burgled include:
– Keeping doors and windows locked when your home is unoccupied, and when you’re asleep at night.
– Installing timers on your lights so they come on at night when you’re not home.
– Installing and using a suitable alarm system.
– Ensuring items of value are kept away from easy view through windows.
– Cancelling deliveries such as milk and newspapers when you go on holiday.
– Keeping house or car keys out of reach from the letterbox.
– Putting in an outside security light.
– Joining a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
In case you are targeted, it’s also vital to ensure that your home contents insurance is up to date and provides sufficient cover for all your belongings.