Whether you are protecting your home or business it is very important to regularly review your security system to ensure it continues to provide you with the protection you need.
Most of us regularly make changes in our homes and/or businesses which mean that your security system may no longer be as effective. For example, you may start working from home, get pets, add an extension or conservatory or start using a room/area in a different way (such as converting a garage to a playroom or using what was a staff canteen room as an IT server room).
Any of these changes can cause a number of faults/issues in your security system including:
– Blind spots – areas which are not in the peripheral vision of your security camera (even something as simple as stacking boxes can obscure vision).
– Having “financial areas” exposed – such as moving the location of cash registers in your business
– Important rooms where you need access control – such as no longer allowing customers to enter certain areas in your business
– Access and exit points – using a different way to enter and leave your business/home
– Generally taking insufficient precautions
An inadequate and/or poorly maintained security system means that you are more vulnerable. In addition, if your building and contents insurance is based on you having an adequate security system and meeting certain criteria, failing to review your security system and make any changes necessary could mean that your insurers won’t cover you if the worst, (like a break in), does happen.
How do you review your security system?
A regular review of your security system, (say every 6 months or more often if you make changes) is essential. The best way to do this is to get a professional audit which will check that your security system is still effective and identify any changes needed. You will also get valuable professional advice about how to generally make the most of your security system giving you peace of mind.
BWS Security provide installation and maintenance of intruder alarms in Gloucester and throughout the south west. Whether you need professional help in carrying out a full audit/review or would like the peace of mind that a regularly maintained security system brings pleasecontact a member of our knowledgeable team on 01225 800 602 or get in touch via our contact page.